Frequently Asked Questions

My bank account was frozen. What can I do to get my money back?

Answer: We can help you get your bank account released by filing a Motion in the District Court where the creditor sued you. This must be done within 30 days of the account being garnished. If 30 days has passed since the account was frozen, it still may be possible to get the money back, […]

Continue Reading ...

Will a bankruptcy stop my wages from being garnished?

Answer: Yes! And we may even be able to get some of the garnished wages back!! If more than $600.00 was garnished within the 90 day period before the bankruptcy was filed, we can usually get the creditor to refund the money to you without filing a law suit.

Continue Reading ...

If I file Chapter 7 can I keep my home?

Answer: Probably, yes. If you are current with your mortgage payments, you can afford to continue paying the payments and your house has little or no equity (i.e. you owe more on the mortgage than the house is worth), you can still file Chapter 7 and keep your home. If you do have equity in […]

Continue Reading ...

Took out a $7,500 loan two months ago from my credit union to try and consolidate my debt. Wait to file Chapter 7?

Answer: Debts from purchases and cash advances taken just before filing for bankruptcy may not be “discharged”, or wiped out by the bankruptcy. They are presumed to be incurred by fraud. These include amounts owed for luxury goods purchased within 90 days of the bankruptcy and cash advances taken within 70 days of the bankruptcy. […]

Continue Reading ...

If you think that I may be able to help...

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I am compassionate and charge a fair rate!

Contact Starla

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice. Viewing this site does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. A formal written agreement must be entered into in order to establish an attorney-client relationship.